Pereslavl zemstvo stamps. Vladimir guberniya (governorate).
Original russian writing – Переславль.
German – Pereslawl / English- Pereslavl
International Library transcription (ISO) – Pereslavl’.
Known as Pereyaslavl until the 15th century, it was founded in 1152 by Prince Yury Dolgoruky as a projected capital of Zalesye. In 1175–1302, the town was the seat of the Principality of north Pereyaslavl (not to be confused with Pereyaslav zemstvo in Ukraine). In 1302, it became a part of the Grand Duchy of Moscow. Pereslavl-Zalessky was devastated numerous times by the Mongols between the mid-13th century and the early 15th century. In 1611–1612, it suffered from the Polish invasion.
In 1688–1693, Peter the Great built his famous “fun flotilla” on Lake Pleshcheyevo for his own amusement.
In 1708, the town became a part of Moscow Governorate.
Showing all 2 results